Jakarta, InfoPublik – According to Health Minister Nila Moeloek, whan a disease can not be completely treated; something must have been done incorrectly on the treatment. Therefore, health management must be done right both in the downstream and in the upstream.
"If we lead a healthy lifestyle, have health awareness, live a clean and healthy life, and stay in a healthy environment, there will be impact on our health," said Minister Nila at the commemoration of World Environmental Health Day 2019, Wednesday (2/10).
When people maintain a healthy lifestyle, they are contributing 70% to our health management, and the Health Ministry will only have to contribute to the remaining 30%. This will lead to more inexpensive health costs. Taking this consideration into account, Health Ministry strongly encourages health promotion and disease prevention efforts.
Healthcare and Social Security Agency (BPJS) data showed that the number of people with illness is greater than that of healthy people. Aside from physical illness caused by poor lifestyle, many people also suffer from mental illness, for the unwillingness to lead healthier lifestyle.
Health Ministry strongly encourages people to change their lifestyles. If we have cleaner environment, supported with healthier lifestyle, stunting cases will no longer occur.
Nila expected that changing lifestyles will prevent people from illness. Due to the current people’s lifestyle, the number of people with diabetes and diabetes mellitus has increased. The number of people suffer from heart disease is also increased from 0.5% to 1.5%.
"Let's change our lifestyle to be healthier, join the Healthy Lifestyle Movement (GERMAS). We should continue to do physical activities, consume healthy foods such as vegetables and fruits, and conduct medical checkups for disease prevention," said Minister Nila. (Reporter: Putri, Translator: Wilda Stiana)